(or at least, that's what I like to think)
1. Death Comes to Pemberley Hardcover, P.D. James . I almost broke into tears of joy when I discovered this new book from one of my favorite mystery British authors. James presents a rare meeting of literary genius: she has taken the characters of Jane Austen’s beloved novel Pride and Prejudice into a tale of murder and emotional mayhem, since Pemberley is plunged into a frightening mystery. Don’t miss this cool brief presentation of the book!
2. The red house: a novel, by Mark Haddon. Great news! New book by another of my favorite authors, which has taken long since The curious incident of the dog in the Night-time and A spot of bother, which I loved. Although it doesn’t come out until June 12, 2012 you can pre-order it by Amazon. Maybe I’ll just wait until the release, and consider the great news as a gift to look forward into 2012.
3. The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett (Jul 17, 1989). I am a great fan of Hammett, and have read most of his novels and short stories except this one. A Hammett’s classic tale of murder in Manhattan, which became a popular movie series with William Powell and Myrna Loy. Both the movies and the novel continue to captivate new generations of fans. A perfect setting and plot for this time of year!
4. V is for vengeance, by Sue Grafton ( signed if possible). I have only read three or four novels by the author, all of them Kinsey Milhone’s adventures. I found them entertaining, funny and I got charmed by Milhone’s character, so this new release seems a pretty good choice for a winter afternoon by the fireplace. I know that Grafton offered signed copies a month ago or so, when they released the book, but I am not sure that it’s still possible. Anyways, I think it could be interesting, signed or not.
5. Wild Mind: Living the Writer’s Life. I discovered Goldberg in a Third Street Promenade Library almost six years ago, when I was living in Los Angeles and studying Creative Writing at UCLA. I did read Writing down the bones with amusement and delight, and felt that a new world opened for me. It has always been a companion since then: a book I could open at any time to get inspired and to get on the right track as well again. I read that Goldberg had written Wild Mind: Living the Writer’s Life as a way to expand and extend the info, advise and exercises that were not on Writing down the bones at the time, so it seems a pretty inspiring choice to me!
What about you? Which books would you love to get for Christmas?
Blog intermitent sobre traducció de literatura al català
"Necessitem desesperadament que ens contin històries; tant com el menjar, perquè ens ajuden a organitzar la realitat i il·luminen el caos de les nostres vides" [Paul Auster]
Today, make a commitment to your writing.
Blog de l'associació En Negre dedicada a la defensa i promoció de la novel·la negra en català
Las noticias de actualidad de la librería más negra de la Barceloneta.
A Good Blog is Hard to Find
A Library of Literary Interestingness
Buy a product, help a person in need + see your impact.
Just another WordPress.com site
I'm not Ryan Gosling :(
a documentary film blog.
projects, decor, & a new baby
This is my life. Laugh at it.
Hope you enjoy...........